Sunday, December 16

OC Season 1

This past Saturday night I started watching season one of the OC at Chalmers's house. We watched 3 episodes there, and when I got home I watched 2 episodes and went to sleep around 2:25 am. I am watching my third episode of the day right now - those of you out there worrying for the future of my kids, don't worry, I am getting some work done as well.

Basically, the only knowledge I had of this season is that each episode started with 'California' by Phantom Planet. It was a pretty glorious exam week in May of 2006 for the Goats who watched most of season 1 and 2. Unfortunately, I wasn't a part of the OC binge - I sat in Comfort 24D and finished my finals. I had caught most of season 3 that year and then all of season 4 my senior year. This past Saturday night, I couldn't help but smile as I remembered the total ludicrousness of that OC addiction. It was fun. It was college. Now I'm teaching and there isn't quite as much fun or ludicrousness in my life. It is good to remember those days.

No comments: