Sunday, November 16

Summer 2k8



As it gets cold, and as it gets lonelier down here in Memphis (schoolwork is not a good best friend), I figured reflection on the summer would be a good antidote.  With the duties of photjournalist for my school's exhibition of student work this pat week, I refamiliarized myself with photos from this summer.  Here are some of the highlights.

Trouble's Birthday Party.  Good to see the Goats.  Nathan Patton broke my watch, however.


Danny's Graduation.  


Brittany's Family's cabin in central PA.  On the trip I was reading 'Into the Wild'.  Felt tough using an outhouse and shooting a gun up there.  Lot of quality time with Brittany's parents.


Pirates Game and Kennywood Park.  Bought cheap seats at PNC Park.  Beautiful view of the city.  Enjoyed some Quaker Steak N Lube wings before the game.  We walked around the park where the 3 rivers meet, had a few brews at a bar, then went to the game.  Unfortunatley, the game was postponed and we stood around for an hour or so in the rain, then went home.  Also went to Kennywood Park sometime during that week.  Brittany convinced me to go on one of those rides that goes straight up and then just drops you.  I was the one freaking out.  Think the swings or the pirate ship may have been  my favorite.


Cait Schopp's Wedding.  Standard Brittany pose.  Reception and hotel pool / grotto were outstanding.  

Wildwood.  We went to Wildwood the day after the reception.  We had no hotel reservations, which was a big concern of ours.  Got into Wildwood around 7, checked out about 35 hotels / motels in the Crest, but found that they all had no vacancies.  Luckily, the Pier6600, a place Brittany's family always stayed, came through, and we found a room for a reasonable price considering the circumstances.  Extremely relaxing to be at the beach with Brittany - couldn't have asked for a better close to the summer.  Maybe the weather could've been nicer.


Yankees game at Yankee Stadium.  Day after we got back from Wildwood, we headed up to NYC to catch a Yankees game.  I was really happy that my dad was able to take us up there.  He'd been talking about it for so long, and it was great that we all got to go up there.  Brittany and I were a little tired, but we made it through.  



 I think writing about this in August would've brought my spirits down a notch, since I'd be so far removed from all of this.  Luckily, in a little more than a week, I'm heading home and to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving.  First time I'll be doing a holiday at Brittany's - will just be great to be with her for a bit, despite all the extra fanfare.


No comments: