Saturday, January 3

Ass Kicking

Memphis is in for an ass kicking.  I am returning to the city tomorrow.  I am leaving the comfort of Philadelphia / Haverford / Hershey / Pittsburgh for the second to last time.  For the last week, I've been dreading this upcoming Sunday.  I've got to become that other person.  Mr. Golden.  Lesson plans.  Assessments.  Performing.  Reprimanding.  It is a difficult transition.  Trying to always improve your teacing is no walk in the park.  But instead of being paralyzed by what I have to do, I am going to kick its ass.  Look out.


Things I did over winter break:

*Turned down a free round trip and a stay in a Chicago airport hotel  to make sure I got to Philly in one day's worth of air travel.
*Regretted not buying bros Central BBQ shirts.
*Played tackle football with the Horsham guys.

*Ice skating with Brittany in South Park - we practiced on the baby rink for a bit, then ventured over to the hockey rink.  She held her own.  I was lucky enough to go without falling as well, unlike Jan 07 in NYC when I busted my hip on the last go round.  
*New Year's eve with Brittany in Hershey.  We hit up a nice restaurant, had some champagne, and watched the Dick Clark / Ryan Seacrest / Kelly Pickler team.   Besides the Dick Clark stuff, it was a fantastic, if slightly lower key night than Goat City parties in the past.

*Hanging with the Goats, eating at Bella.

Things I did over Thanksgiving:

*Dinner at Brittany's.  Kind of scary with the whole mythology about meeting relatives and doing holidays with them.  Definitely a different crowd than my usual Thanksgivings with the bros and the parents.  The average age of the people at the dinner besides Brittany and I was probably 65-70.  Some interesting conversations that seemed typically elderly, namely complaining about kids wearing pants below their waists.  Literally.

Things I did over fall break (way back in October).  

*Pennsylvania Reanaissance Fair with Brittany in Hershey.  Saw a sword swallower.  Drank some fine beer.  Took in a couple of shows.  Heard a lot of people say 'Thank ye' and other ole Enlgish slangs.  Definitely a highlight of my semester.

No comments: