Wednesday, October 10

Shootings and such

I leave work today and am cruising with my windows down, enjoying the weather. I get about a half mile away from school and as I drive through an intersection I hear a loud pop - at first I was concerned it was one of my tires, then I think maybe it was a tire of someone next to me. A couple of seconds later I see two guys on my left running away, and to the right I see a couple of kids lying on the sidewalk (they had hit the ground after the shots) and I see more people a little ways into this apartment complex (again, some on the ground some not). I immediately am scared shitless because the guys who did the shooting had shot across the road I was driving on. I change lanes, almost running into a car behind me, then pull out my phone and call 911.

I get home, go for a run (3 miles or so, magic 800) to blow off some steam, then check the news later and see that a kid was shot in the arm right where I had thought there was a shooting. I think I'll be taking a different road in and out of school for a while.

No comments: